The Lord Raffles Lion Throne Chair
Throne - Backordered! Reserve now and allow a few months.
Hand-carved mahogany signature piece is an investment in European style
Originally created for Lord Thomas Stamford Raffles, who founded the British colony of Singapore, it features deep, large-scale solid mahogany hand-carvings of royal court symbols and massive growling lion heads that require over a week of work by a single artisan. The comfortable seats and deeply cushioned backs are hand-upholstered and double piped on both sides in a heraldic jacquard of aristocratic gold, burgundy, and navy. Our regal Gothic throne is topped by an ornate hand-carved mahogany coat of arms as an investment in fine European styling.
- Throne: 36" W × 37" D × 68" H. 86 lbs.
- Stool: 24" W × 24" D × 24½" H. 35 lbs.
- Upholstered front and back.
- Carved crest designs on top of back and below seat.
- Floor to top of seat: 21¼".
- Available only in the continental US.