Historic Mahogany Monk's Bench
Hand-carved in mahogany to replicate a 16th century antique
Our favorite English antique dealer agreed to have this stunning Medieval Monk's Bench reproduced for us complete with all its rich, hand-carved details. Clergy members used it to store vestments before the advent of closets. Both stylish and functional, this heavyweight, high-back bench with carved panels, provides seating for two, and deep storage for items such as fine linens, books or treasures from a bygone era. For authentic character, it takes over two weeks to hand-carve and hand-finish the mahogany to replicate the original antique.
- 48" W × 21" D × 48" H. 90 lbs.
- Compartment size is 48" W × 16" D × 13¾" H.
- The maximum weight limit for this item is 572 lbs. (260 kgs.).
- Simple assembly required.
- Available only in the continental US.